Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filtering default route mpls vpn

Hi,

I have one CE router connected to 2 PE routers. PE1 for primary link and PE2 for backup link. PE and CE IGP is OSPF. Both of this PE1 and PE2 is originating default route to other remote PE's as well.

Let's say if the primary link failed and backup link failed, does the default route still be advertising to other remote PE as well? If yes, how I do filter this default route?

Thanks in advance.

maher

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: filtering default route mpls vpn

Hello,

It depends on how you insert the default route. Both cases are possible depending on your config - either it is withdrawn or announced independantly of the interface states.

Can you highlight how you create the default route and announce it? Please post the relevant config.

Usually I would suggest to insert the default route through the CE:

router ospf 10

default-information originate always

If both links are down OSPF adjacencies are lost and default route is withdrawn.But it really depends on what you want to achieve and what you configured.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

2 REPLIES

Hello,

It depends on how you insert the default route. Both cases are possible depending on your config - either it is withdrawn or announced independantly of the interface states.

Can you highlight how you create the default route and announce it? Please post the relevant config.

Usually I would suggest to insert the default route through the CE:

router ospf 10

default-information originate always

If both links are down OSPF adjacencies are lost and default route is withdrawn.But it really depends on what you want to achieve and what you configured.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the info. From my obervation, I noticed that the default route is withdrawn. Actually, no specific reason, just curios whether during the primary/backup link down, it's still adversting.

I used the default-information originate under BGP addreess family.

Thanks again.

maher

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content