Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

H-VPLS on ME3750

Hello all,

recently I have noticed that 3750 metro's 12.2(25)SED announced H-VPLS support (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps5532/prod_release_note09186a008054a9df.html#wp47201). I didn't find any additional infomation on HOW will 3750 metro support H-VPLS in 12.2(25)SED series IOS. Could anyone share experience/information on this matter? Did anybody tried it?

2 REPLIES

Re: H-VPLS on ME3750

Hello Nikolay,

You're right. No info is provided in the ME3750 IOS releases documentation.

I think ME3750 does not really support VPLS itself but only access to the VPLS cloud thru a 7600 POP-PE.

I found a PPT presentation at the CCO related to what Cisco calls "Phase 1 Arquitecture" in which the ME3750 was set as a customer-dedicated PE (PE-CLE) where you just apply QinQ to present a unique customer VLAN to the 7600 VPLS PE-POP router.

This way you can provide a H-VPLS service. Notice both the ME3750 PE-CLE and the 7600 PE are required.

Regards,

Chema.

Re: H-VPLS on ME3750

Hello Nikolay,

You're right. No info is provided in the ME3750 IOS releases documentation.

I think ME3750 does not really support VPLS itself but only access to the VPLS cloud thru a 7600 POP-PE.

I found a PPT presentation at the CCO related to what Cisco calls "Phase 1 Arquitecture" in which the ME3750 was set as a customer-dedicated PE (PE-CLE) where you just apply QinQ to present a unique customer VLAN to the 7600 VPLS PE-POP router.

This way you can provide a H-VPLS service. Notice both the ME3750 PE-CLE and the 7600 PE are required.

Regards,

Chema.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content