Views
Helpful
Replies

Hit a bug, suggestions on stated workaround

sultan-shaikh
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

We recently hit CSCsl50569 on our SIP-400s, the workaround is to disable diagnostics on the specific SIP-400s with "no diagnostic monitor module "slot#" test 1".

In the long run we will be going for an upgrade, however for the time being we are considering implementing the above.

Will this affect any other parameter ;-) Has anyone implemented this?

Thanks for your responses.

EDIT: Test 1 is "BusConnectivityTest", any ideas what does it exactly do? Is it something to verify the backplane/bus connectivity of the module??

Cheers

~sultan

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Sultan,

I think you can apply the workaround now and then later to upgrade IOS if you had the sip dropping packets for another linecard is quite a problem

I agree the name suggests exactly a test on connectivity to the bus / switching fabric

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Guiseppe,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, actually I am too considering going for workaround as immediate action. I am trying to find out whether disabling diagnostics test 1 affect any other parameter/function.

Spoke to TAC too, they were really helpful, but they too are not commenting on this particular question. Their stance is "go for an upgrade".

Let's see...

Cheers,

~sultan

BusConnectivityTest:

This test is available for WAN linecards. It tests the bus connectivity on the WAN linecard by sending packets from the supervisor to the linecard, where they are looped back by the bus ASIC and returned to the supervisor.

Can be seen through "show diagnostic description module test all".

Thanks

Cheers

~sultan

Hello Sultan,

I would recommend to implement the workaround.

The only risk is that should the SIP fails the system cannot detect it fast but you have other methods to understand if a linecard fails.

About the IOS upgrade: it requires a time window and usually in service provider organizations it is common to perform some basic testing before installing a new release on a device.

So it takes time.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: