cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How service Provider Provide MPLS different level of Class of Service!!!

m.pandey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Most of the time Service provider says that they can provide any class of service and any level (CoS1 to N)...On a global setup, how Service Provider Core is being provisioned to provide this kind of scalability and redundancy...I am interested in mainly the core Cloud of Service provider not the PE...Any docs or link will be of gr8 help...Service provider will no away running 50% of their capacity and provide redundancy..So there should be some tweking which allow them to Provide different level of SLA..How need to know..

Thanks in advance..

With best regards,

Mani

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here is a very good document, which should be able to help you decide what and when should be implemented.

I feel this document is worth preserving for future reference as well. :-)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns341/ns396/ns172/ns103/networking_solutions_white_paper09186a00801b1c5a.shtml

Its called the "Service Proivder QOS Design Guide" there are many other very good documents, but which are available internaly only within Cisco. (Internal Docs)

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

swaroop.potdar
Level 7
Level 7

1) Irrespective of how many ever COS they are providing/selling for the Customer at the Edge most SP will have only 4 to 5 major classes in the core, and the SLA provided on DSCP,COS,PREC are merged into these super classes where they map to.

2) The question of BW of 50% this is subjective to each SP, just like you have a pipe of 1 gig for Internet in what ratio would you sell this BW is subjective to each SP. SImilarly when you provide SLA with certain guranteed uptime, the bandwdith availability during backup is considered and the its generally sold in the same ratio.

If the ratio at which the BW is sold at the edge, exceeds the available 50% during failure, then olny your upper higher priority classes get tranmistted. But this is seldom recommended.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Hi Swaroop,

Any related documentaion or best practise for Service Provider designing and implementing CoS especially on MPLS, MPLS VPN, Metro-E and etc?

Would like to learn more about how Service Provider design and implement their network :)

Thanks in advance.

Here is a very good document, which should be able to help you decide what and when should be implemented.

I feel this document is worth preserving for future reference as well. :-)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns341/ns396/ns172/ns103/networking_solutions_white_paper09186a00801b1c5a.shtml

Its called the "Service Proivder QOS Design Guide" there are many other very good documents, but which are available internaly only within Cisco. (Internal Docs)

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Nice and thanks for the link. Appreciate it!

m.pandey
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Swaroop..It is really a good docs.. Is it possible to share some other docs which can be accessed using cco login.. then please put the link...

As an enterprise wise, we r thinking of MPLS setup for global and for locations in & around 1-2KM area locally thinking of VPLS solution which willbe finally merge with global MPLS cloud... providing an effective triple play...

If possible let me know your email id :-) in case I need your help will disturb you little bit only ;-)

Cheers..

With best regards,

Mani

Mani, my mail id is my userid in netpro @corliant.com

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Nice Doc,

Thanks,

Pratik,

DC

This a good document for understading the QOS used in ISP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: