Views
Helpful
Replies

How to priortize video & voice traffic over mpls network

anjaneesh
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have taken a 512k link from mpls network containing juniper as core routers, while i am using completely cisco in my network, my query is can i priortize my voice and video traffic over this mpls network i am also using rtp header compression.

plz give me sample config if it is possible.

thanks

2 Replies 2

attrgautam
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

It is a good idea to do QoS but you need to find out whether your SP will appreciate ur markings. Then you need to find out how much traffic you want to priortise.

Say on your LAN your policy could be to match traffic from your IP phones and set your IP prec to 5 and on the link to the SP, you could set a bandwidth of 256K (LLQ for low jitter). But your SP should do it as well who will probably match ur IP prec and set his exps.

HTH. Let me know in case of any issues in config

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

if i m not wrong there will be different kinda service offering in general being provided by the SPs.

it falls under 2 main major categories one is managed and the other is unmanaged.

in managed services your SP will honour the marking being done by the customers and the same is being carried throughout(in SP backbone) till reaching the remote destination.

in unmanaged services whatever markings you do at ur end will be remarked or ignored by SP according to the policies followed by them.

you can enquire about this with your SP and you can have the QOS policies configured accordingly.

regds