Views
Helpful
Replies

Hub and spoke configuration

vjemin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer who have 5 sites. One site is a central site and all other sites should communicate with each other accross the central site. But on each spoke site there is two VLANs and thay also should communicate accross central site.

On PE routers I should configure vrf for every LAN. Than I would have 10 or more vrf.

Is there some other solution to split traffic from one site to go first to central site and than come back to CPE router? Some sites are on the same PE's.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is any other way of doing this. As soon as you place two interfaces in the same VRF, traffic from one interface to the other will shortcut through the VRF and not traverse the hub site.

I'm afraid you are stuck with configuring one VRF per link.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is any other way of doing this. As soon as you place two interfaces in the same VRF, traffic from one interface to the other will shortcut through the VRF and not traverse the hub site.

I'm afraid you are stuck with configuring one VRF per link.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: