cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

injecting 2 defaut routes

san-pandey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, In a MPLS network can you inject two 'default-originate' one from site A (primary site) and the other with higher metric from sie B (back up site)?

router bgp 65001

no synchronization

neighbor 172.16.11.1 remote-as 111 (MPLS service provider)

neighbor 172.16.11.1 next-hop-self

neighbor 172.16.1.1 default-originate route-map Metric CHANGE

route-map Metric CHANGE permit 10

set metric 200

san

19 Replies 19

That's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation Sawroop.

san

My Question For Swaroop here.

When we manipulate routes using the BGP attributes from CE, what will happen if the Service provider is not exporting the communities with "both" option?.

Assume SP is using send "community extended". This case none of the CE attributes are propagated..Am I right?

Dinesh, none of the BGP attributes would be lost if you set only send-community extended, but only the standard communities set by the local CE wont reach the remote CE.

If you want to send the local CE standard communities to the remote CE you will need send-community both.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Swaroop Thanks for the clarification.

But I would like to know whether we can transport the BGP attributes over the MPLS cloud (CE - CE) ?

As i mentioned in my previous post, none of the BGP attributes are lost. But the same regular rules of each attribute and constraints are in effect in MPLS VPN based BGP as well. So CE - PE - CE are treated as attributes passing thro 3 different AS's.

A simple check would be to see if your AS path string is present to verify you receive or dont receive attributes from other side( when send extended only is enabled, you will find that the remote CE AS's is present in the route update).

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop