Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Internet VRF with BGP

Good morning all -

I'm trying to setup an Internet VRF with two separate providers; each provider will terminate on different PE. I would like to place customers in hanging from a CE into this VRF for Internet services.

For simplicity, I'll redistribute customer?s network, and they'll point to my CE for default route. I created the VRF and configured all relevant BGP information to peer with the two providers, I also have the VRF configured on CE routers and placed into the IPV4 instance. My questions: How do you propagate the default-route from the PEs to the CE under the Internet VRF? And do I have to enable BGP RR on the PEs to the CEs? I'm really looking for any suggestions or examples on this configuration. Thanks for your time.

Nabil

1 REPLY

Re: Internet VRF with BGP

From what I understood of the question, I am replying the below, if you have some thing else in your mind then more details to your question would be nice.

1) In your IPV4 instance for the Internet VRF itself you can originate a default towards the CE neighbor.

!

Address-family ipv4 vrf Internet

neighbor x.x.x.x remote-as 2001 ! Form Peering with the Customer CE

neighbor x.x.x.x default-originate ! Advertise the Default to the Customer CE

redistribute connected ! Redistribute to advertise subnets to IGW

!

2) Second option is you have the Default route in the Internet VRF orginated at the PE's which connect to the upstream Service provider for Internet.

And this default route is propagated via MPBGP to all other PE's. And the Customer CE's can have a static default pointing to the next hop interface and the PE already has the default pointing towards the PE which connects to Internet.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Views
Helpful
Replies