Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

IOS support for MPLS QoS as stated in RFC 3270 L-LSP

Hi,

does anybody know something about the degree of implementation of RFC 3270 (Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Support of Differentiated Services), particularly on the classification based on Labels (L-LSP)?

From what is detailed on the CCO it seems that only Exp-bits based LSP are supported (configuring all links along the path for the proper data plane behaviour based on the Exp-bits values): E-LSP

Thanx in advance

Francesco

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: IOS support for MPLS QoS as stated in RFC 3270 L-LSP

I guess, in PPP and LAN environments, E-LSP is the preferred method and in the ATM only L-LSP is possible. Maybe cisco chose to implement only the E-LSP for the LAN and PPP environments, i am not sure though.

Anyone knows this for sure?

Check out http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/732/Tech/mpls/docs/mpls_qos_jayk.ppt for more details on MPLS-QoS

Hi,

On ATM LSR using "MPLS COS Multi-VC" feature operates like L-LSP. In this case you can configure upto 4 VC which carries the traffic having different EXP values. When this feature is configured , required number of label(VC) is requested from the ATM switch to be assigned to different EXP traffics. Actually there are different LSPs , different label for different traffic , very like L-LSP says. But I am not sure.

Regards

Hi,

thanx for all your replies. All sounds good, but the interesting point would be how to have a scalable solution with L-LSP (more than 4) on both packet and cell mode technologies. Then, obv.ly, how to manage/configure it in Cisco IOS.

Still looking forward.

Thanx again

Regards

Hi,

As far as I know only E-LSP is used on frame mode mpls implementation. Only one label is used for a destination prefix from global label space. Every traffic uses this label regardless of its TOS value.

But multi-vc feature is usable because it supplies you 4 different VC for a destination on ATM cell mode and it is dynamic. I think this is usefull until you get your exact answer.

Best Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content