cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip cef accounting non-recursive external

ajobson
Level 1
Level 1

I am Enabling Backbone Routers to Collect Traffic Matrix Statistics (TMS) Data. I am not sure if i am suppose to place the command on the main interface or on the sub-interfaces in oreder to collect the data. both interfaces takes the command but i need to verify which would be approriate assuming that i have a main interface with a sub-interface point-point or multi-point.eg.

interface Serial1/0

interface Serial1/0.101 point-to-point

2 Replies 2

waris
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using the subinterface then its a better idea to configure it on the sub-interface.

Thanks Waris, I have already done so but i needed confirmation as I also had channelized STM1 circuits. I am also wondering with ADSL, I have several point-point interface for ADSL specifying a PVC bounding all PPP to a Virtual Template, is it necessary to place the "ip cef accounting non-recursive external" on the virtual template or just leave it on the main ADSL ATM point-point interface on the PE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: