Views
Helpful
Replies

ip ngn service provider

alf329999
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am the ceo of a start up wisp and i am also the business developer.Plan to offer converged services such as voice,data,vpn,video conferencing and some others using wimax technology.I am much interested in the ip ngn and mpls and plan to develop the services provider part of the network based on that technology.

My question is:

I would like to know how my compnay can do a partership with cisco for the desing ,implementation ,maintencace of a ip ngn and what sort of trainning my company could expect for that purpose.

Thanks

Kind regards,

Alvaro Eli

6 Replies 6

swaroop.potdar
Level 7
Level 7

Generally when you engage Cisco AS they would collect the requirements,

confirm and signoff on the same as the CRD.

Then come up with a complete design and implementation technology

specifics, for your network, upon acceptance of the design, there

would be a transfer of information to your OPS team.

And for maintenance you can engage AS for their FTS NOS services,

where they can help, guide your operations in a proactive way.

Then may be if you have purchased the training for certain technologies,

it may be bundled or if the local cisco Account person likes you

(or rather the size of your startup), may bundle it for free :-)

To do what you want to do, you may just need to give a call to your regional Cisco sales office and they would do the necessary vetting of the prospect and then take the things forward.

Harold may like to add something more as well.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

hi,

thanks for your answear

Will contact the regional Cisco sales office

but i am sure if they are able to offer the services i described before.I dont think regional cisco office is able to provide services for the desing and implementation of an Wisp network operation center.

But i will try anyway.

If possible could u refer me to the regional office for portugal pleass?

thanks

You can speak with this gentleman at Cisco.

Michael Kaemper: mkaemper@cisco.com

Cisco has already established necessary tie ups with Siemens to deploy wimax based solutions. Using Wimax access from Siemens and backhauling the same over Cisco core.

So your HIPERMAN would be built using Siemens WayMax product suit, and the HIPERMAN islands would be connected using a Metro-E aggregation or direct aggregation on to MPLS nodes for inter city communication or data transfer.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Hi again,

sorry been busy with other parts of my project.

How do i engage with Cisco AS?

or

Can u tell me someone at cisco that can help me with the preparation part of the ngn core network since we are developing the bus plan or if your partner in Portugal as the skills could u give me his contact pleass?

Thanks regards.

In fact, there is professional services from Cisco now. They will carry the pre-sales job that acted as a Cisco partner.

You can just contact the local Cisco office then they will refer the correct party to you.

Check below for the Portugral office info.

Cisco Systems Portugal

Quinta da Fonte

Edificio Gil Eanes, Ala A-Piso 1

2780 Oeiras

Portugal

Phone: 351-21-4468700

Fax: 351-21-4468701

Hope this helps.

Thanks monday i will contact them and see how it goes.

Like i said b4 i am starting a new venture.

My business case is to provide services like internet ,voip,vod, televison and cctv to start independent of the access method either xdsl cable or optics.

At this moment i need to get as much info for the architecture and building of the core network suitable to offer the proposed services.

One question:

Does cisco provides the complete service of the core network including billing crm e.t.c or just the infrastructure uncluding servers security routers agregation ?

Thanks

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: