Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

l2vpn aal5snap to ethernet

I have a pseudowire connection beetwen a subinterface ATM in a C7200 and a subinterface Fastethernet, the xconnection is UP but I can't send packets beetwen the CE sites

9 REPLIES

Re: l2vpn aal5snap to ethernet

Need some more info.

Have you done a static ATM map on the ATM CE, or with a P2P interface.

If yes then,

Can u also upload the snapshot of the config on both sides and,

a) show mpls l2transport vc detail both sides

b) show l2tunnel session all both sides

c) debug ssm sm events

d) debug ssm sm errors

e) debug ssm xdr

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Community Member

Hi Swaroop,

the CE interface is a Point-to-Point interface.

Please find attached the file with information of the PE and CE from Sites A and B.

I tried with interworking "IP" and "Ethernet" in the pseudowire-class configuration and get the same results.

Hi Daniel,

Your CE at Sucursal_A seems to be configured for frame-relay, was wondering how did it connect to ATM interface at the maq1-agr-2 PE. As the CE at Sucursal_A and B IPs are in the same subnet.

Is it so that you have multiple ATOM PW between the 7609 and 7200 and just might have been troubleshooting the wrong interface.

Second question I have is you are getting the right arp entry of the remote CE mac address despite using frame-realy encap with Serial Intf to connect to an ATM interface.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Once you clarify the previous post,

1) Also give more infor about the IOS used at both end, modules used.

2) Ethernet interworking, did u try the bridged mode, does it work, using that mode.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Community Member

I tried using ethernet interworking too, but it doesn't work.

attached files have information about de IOS version and module from the both sides. And a diagram too.

Did you notice the config of the CE at Sucursal_A which connects to Site A ATM Aggregator. It has Frame Relay Encapsulation on the interface.

So just wanted to check how did it connect to the ATM Aggregator using frame-relay encap.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Ok saw your diagram :-) , its clear, let me go through the whole thing again.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop.

Have you tried the below, and what were the results, if you havent tried can u post an update.

1) Check with a CE having a direct ATM connection to the PE for interworking.

2) Try assigning an IP address to the ATM interface on the PE, without ATOM, and then can we ping the CE router connected using Frame-relay from the PE router.

3) Did you try with encap AAL5MUX.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Community Member

When I configured the maqueta's equipments; first, I tested the end to end connection, using IP addresses on the interfaces.

I'll try to do the other suggestions.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content