Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

L2VPN in a Inter-AS Scenario

Can someone help me out on configuring L2VPNs in an Inter-AS scenario using targetted LDP sessions. An URL on this Topic with some sample configurations would be good enough.

Thanks,

Cheers

Ashraf

5 REPLIES

Re: L2VPN in a Inter-AS Scenario

Hi,

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/105/interasvpn.pdf

The above link talks about configuring Inter AS.

Once you have routes exchanged,there is no special configuration for L2VPN.

L2VPN requires remote side loopback for xconnect.

Once you have the remote side loopback you can configure L2VPN.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for your reply. I had gone through this URL. This explains how the VPN-v4 address is being exchanged for the L3VPNs between AS. But in a L2VPN(AToM) case, the targetted LDP session is between the PE1 and PE2 in AS1 and AS2. How is this possible by just exchanging VPN-v4 addresses.

CE1<-HDLC->PE1-P1~~~ASBR1---ASBR2~~~P2-PE2<-HDLC->CE2

In this case PE1 should have a LSP to PE2 for it to establish an LDP session for the xconnect VC to come up.

Are you saying that this can be done with simple Inter-AS config ?

Cisco Employee

The document provided by waris is VPNv4 centric. What is needed to implement InterAS L2VPN is IPv4 + label to share certain IP addresses (PE loopback addresses) and label for these addresses between the tso ASes. Once this is done, implementing L2VPN in an interAS context is as trivial as implementing it in a single AS scenario.

For more information on IPv4 + label, refer to the following document (disregard the VPNv4 section since you don't need it):

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/120newft/120limit/120s/120s23/fsiasl23.htm

Harold Ritter
Sr. Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México 
Paseo de la Reforma 222 Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

It worked. Thanks a lot.

Both LDP session and VC is UP between two PE routers but the CE to CE communication is not hapenning. I mean the control plane is OK but the data plane is not.

CE1-fr-PE1~ip cloud~ASBR1-ASBR2~ip cloud~PE2-fr-CE2

Between PE1 and PE2 there is a VC for FR DLCI to DLCI switching.

One obvious reason for this.is that I do not see local label for the remote PE1's loopback at PE2 in AS2. Could it be related to any known issues ?.

While doing PING test over the PVC from CE2 to CE1, I could see input packets and output packets incrementing at CE1 but only output packets count increases on CE2. Echo reply is not reaching the router back.

Do you see any issues in here?

Hello Ali,

Could you please show me how have you setup the

mpls tunnel between the PE1 and PE2 ?

The ideea is that it's not enough to exchange the l2-circuit lables between the PEs, you need to put that l2 packet in one LSP(tunnel) (rsvp,ldp,ip etc).

Cheers,

Otto

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content