Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LFIB question

Hi Guys,

Had a couple of questions, when I run the command sh mpls-forwarding table vrf <id> I see a local label assigned to the vrf id what does that signify; what's even more confusing is if the interface is in a down down state then the mpls forwarding table associated with that interface should be empty, but I still see alabel assigned to the VRF id; confused:

ROUTER1#sh mpls forwarding-table vrf Orch_8220:1251674

Local Outgoing Prefix Bytes tag Outgoing Next Hop

tag tag or VC or Tunnel Id switched interface

162 Aggregate vrf:Orch_8330:121674 \

ROUTER1#

The VRF related to this interface is in a down down state.

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: LFIB question

Local Label is a local tag assigned by the router. Refer to URL http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0st/12_0st10/feature/guide/egress.html#wp1031412 for detailed explanation of this command.

Yeps, I know local labels are assigned by the LSR to all the prefixes in the routing table. My question is why was a label assigned to VRF ID (which is not a routing prefix) also if the interface is down, there is no prefix in the vrf routing table for that particular VRF ID still a local label is assigned to it. Why????

Cisco Employee

Hi,

It would be nice to see the output of "show ip route vrf ..." at the same time as your "show mpls forwarding-table". Which IOS version and platform are you using?

Regards, Martin

Silver

i am also getting the same but on doing the ip route vrf *; the same got disabled. try this remedy

regards

shivlu

Will give that a shot and let you know..

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content