Views
Helpful
Replies

MGX 8850, MPSM, AXSM ------- STM1----------- 7600

rajak
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

Need help in getting MGX 8850 configuration, I am aggregating a bunch of E1 at MGX 8850 using FRSM card at location A and using AXUM card a STM 1 output, I am taking it to Location B where I have Cisco 7613 to terminate.

--E1--

--E1-- FRSM MGX AXSM -----STM1-----7613-----

--E1--

In simple terms, E1s gets aggregated at FRSM and AXSM STM1 to Cisco 7613, I ain’t familiar with AXSM, am wondering to do this, and do I need to have RPM in the MGX 8850 or just with the above configuration, what I am trying to do.

I understand, we I have a MGX 8850 at the Location as well then I can get rid of the RPM, but then I don’t have an option, need to have the 7600, can some enlighten me with this.

Thanks and regards,

Raja

1 Reply 1

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

This chapter describes how to configure the AXSM card and provides procedures for adding ATM ports and connections to the physical lines. The types of links and connections presented in this chapter are listed .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps1938/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: