Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Mirroring CoS1 traffic in a MPLS enabled 6500

Hi

I have all classes of service flowing through a cat6k into my core router. MPLS is enabled on the cat6k also. The uplink port used is a 10G.

Now for i need to connect a monitoring device on the cat6k which supports 1G only. I need to mirror the CoS1 traffic EXP5 on to a port where the monitoring probe would connect.

How can i achieve this?

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Mirroring CoS1 traffic in a MPLS enabled 6500

hi!

Can you give more details on the kind of cards where you want to capture ( the 10G and 1 G ones?) Want to know if they are WAN cards or Lan cards.

If the 10G is a WAN card, You can use VACL capture to filter the exact traffic :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk814/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808122ac.shtml

In case both are LAN cards, u could use SPAN to capture ( monitor session xx....)

Regards,

Niranjan

I am talking about MPLS labeled packets. Does VACL or span help you filter out labeled packets? I need to filter out only the EXP 5 packets.

Silver

VACL might be able to filter the exact packets. Am not 100% sure and have to check the configuration. SPAN wont be able to filter them directly.

But in any case, you can recieve all the packets and set a filter on the capture software like ethereal. wont that serve the purpose?

Regards,

Niranjan

Does VACL help you to filter labeled packets? If i want to filter packets that are marked as EXP 5?

Silver

VACL ises a regular ip acl for its filtering condition. Since you cannot filter packets based on exp in a regular ACL, ihat might not be possible for VACL too.

As I am saying you can run VACL to capture all packets and on the capture view of your capture tool, you could run a filter to get the exp5 packets u need.

Regards,

Niranjan

Views
Helpful
Replies