Views
Helpful
Replies

MP-BGP Router Reflectot (RR) Default Behaviour

cannone78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a 7206VXR configured like RR for MPBGP (Afi/safi 1/128 L3VPN rfc 2547Bis).

My RR is configured with different peer-group towards its clients (PE).

I'd like to konw what is the RR's default behaviour when it receives an updata message type 'withdrawal' by its client.

I've observed that:

- When a PE send its update (withdrawal), it receive back by RR all its bgp table...with a lot NLRI that my PE doesn't need..Is it a normal behaviour?

- When a PE send its update (withdrawal), it receives back by RR its own update..I think that this is a normal behaviuor since he is configured within a peer-group on RR. Is it correct?

Many thanks in advance for your support.

Gianluca

2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

The second one is the normal behaviour. PE should normally withdraw the routes which it advertised.

santiago.enciso
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I'm trying to configure a lab with 4 7600-sup32-3b 12.2(2)-33.SRC. 2 of them as P routers and the rest as PE. P's are Route Reflector and PE are route reflector clients. If I create the same VRF in both PE routes are note not advertised between PEs.(show ip route vrf lab). Please could you give me a configuration example or a link where I could take a look.

Thanks in advance. Santiago.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: