Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS Configuration

softnetcorp
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all ,

Could you please provide me with some sample configurations and documents showing how to configure( step by step) cisco routers installed at Customer Site to communicate to a Service provider MPLS IP VPN Network and how to protect the primary MPLS interface , in case of any failure , by using a dial back up circuit on the same router

Thanks a lot for your help.

Yaacoub

4 Replies 4

attrgautam
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

MPLS-VPN is a Provider Based VPN so nothing special on the customer router. Give an IP on the interface and you are ready to go. As far backup, it is the same again, all config will be done by the SP. The config for backup will depend on the soln proposed by the SP.

HTH

mounir.mohamed
Level 7
Level 7

Dear,

The customer router doesn't aware by MPLS any more, 1-you only need ip address under the interface that facing the MPLS provider 2-static routes or any (IGP) point the remote VPN branches to the ISP interface or Default route in case there is no internet connection on the same router 3- for backup prop.. yoy have to specify the remote VPN branches IP's as intersting traffic and add the same route with higher AD pointing to the backup interface as a back routes

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Yaacoub,

a MPLS L3VPN "looks" like a normal router to a customer edge router - think of the MPLS VPN as a big "single router simulator". When setting up dial backup there are some caveats like possible routing loops or backup path prefered over MPLS VPN. The problems have to be addressed mainly by the SP. Always remember though that you and your SP TOGETHER are setting up an IP routing solution. So it is essential to talk and not to redesign without prior communication to avoid unwanted surprises.

Regards

Martin

jasrine47
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Yaacoub

I'm here to help you. Pls do email me.

jasrine47

http://ciscorouterconfig.blogspot.com/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: