Replies

MPLS FRR

jamesliu20800
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

I use IOS code 7200 Software (C7200-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(33)SRC3

at default MPLS FRR works fine

when I shutdown pos interface on primary path, FRR works fine, but after I bring back pos interface, I noticed tu1 still use backup path

until I shut and no shut tu1

anyone could shred a light?

thx,

~mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Mike,

this is normal the best path is not used as soon as it is up again, but when the next optimization time is triggered.

you should use show mpls traffic-eng tunnels brief

to see this.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/mpls/configuration/guide/mp_te_frr_node_prot_ps6922_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1382260

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Mike,

this is normal the best path is not used as soon as it is up again, but when the next optimization time is triggered.

you should use show mpls traffic-eng tunnels brief

to see this.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/mpls/configuration/guide/mp_te_frr_node_prot_ps6922_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1382260

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello, Giuseppe:

Thanks for your help..

~mike

James,

You can also do a "mpls traffic-eng reoptimize" If you want to force reoptimization to take place right away instead of waiting for the reoptimization timer to expire.

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Hi Ritter,

By any chance, is it possible to schedule re-optimize at random intervals ?

Regards,

Barada,

It will happen after the re-optimize timer times out, which one hour (3600 seconds) by default.

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

holden.matthew
Level 1
Level 1

could you not also solve your problem by using

mpls traffic-eng reoptimize events link-up

??

Matthew,

This would certainly work. It boils down to how quickly you want your path to be reoptimized vs. network stability.

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Hi Mike,

Instead of dynamic path option, configure an explicit path with "192.168.3.1" as strict hop and try the scenario.

In this case, when pos interface on primary path goes down the traffic will be rerouted via backup tunnel and the primary path will be retried for every 30 seconds. When the interface is back up, primary path signaling will succeed and tunnel will no longer use the backup path.

When tunnel uses the backup tunnel, "show mpls traffic-eng fast database" will display it's status as "active".

With dynamic path option, the tunnel will calculate a path which will be same as the backup tunnel path and it'll look like it's using the backup tunnel. To use the best path you've to trigger reoptimization (manual/periodic/event-linkUp).

Thanks,

Vijay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: