Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS Interconnect Peering

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

I have 2 datacenters in london.

Connecting to the datacenters in london i have two sites, one in singapore and one in australia connecting to the london datacenters via Global Crossing MPLS Cloud. Now I need to connect 2 more sites from the state in Florida and Jersey in to the london datacenter.

i know i can connect the sites in the state in to Global crossing MPLS Cloud to interconnect all sites. but what if the sites in the states in florida and jersey are already connecting to another provider's MPLS? Can both MPLS Providers peer their MPLS Cloud?

1 Reply 1

mheusing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Peering for MPLS L3VPN is described for different scenarios in RFC 4364. So in principle the answer is yes from a standards point of view.

From an SP point of view it might not be profitable to peer with another SP for a single customer. If you are lucky however the two providers already have a MPLS peering for L3VPN.

So you just might ask them.

Hope this helps!

Regards, Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: