Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS LDP

mshakil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure mpls on 3640 router but it doesn't show "mpls label protocl" command.Although I have enable ip cef and mpls labe range as well.Can anyone know how to enable it.IOS I am using 12.2-40.

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Can you try tag-switching commands ?

AFAIK 3600 series boxes supports TDP as label protocol instead of LDP .

regds

Hi,

Agree with Edwin, your code is too old and it supports only TDP, with later IOSs you can find "mpls label protocol" command and the default would be LDP.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi,

SO you mean I have to download new IOS like 12.3 and with it LDP can work.Which IOS is recommeded.

Hi,

Yes you can have IOS to run LDP on your devices (I guess it started from 12.2T), kindly use Cisco Feature Navigator for this:

http://www.cisco.com/go/fn

P.S I think that i've used it before on a 3640 running "c3640-js-mz.122-2.T.bin"

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi ,

Yes tag switiching is working but LDP is not.Is there any way,it can work on 3600 or 2600 series of routers???

If you want to use LDP you'll have to upgrade the IOS to 12.2(2)T or higher. That's when LDP was integrated into IOS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: