Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MPLS + OSPF default rote weird problem (cat6509)

I have two cat6509.

Switch A is connected to the internet and receive an OSPF default-route.

Switch A an B is connect trough a MPLS Tunnel with traffic eng..

When I setup an notebook connected to the Switch B I canno't reach the internet. But If I change in the switch B the default-route learned trough ospf to static one pointing to the lo0 of SwA it works fine.

And another thing weird.

If I let the original config, SwB learning the default-route via Tunnel171 OSPF, I can reach the internet from the notebook If I change the SwB to process switch the packets.

Someone can help?

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: MPLS + OSPF default rote weird problem (cat6509)

Try to originate the default route from Switch A to switch B.Default route must be present in vrf routing tables.This should normally fix the problem.

Silver

You can also trace it at different config. to determine the packet stop at where.

I agreed on rrjoas45.

Hi,

this sounds somewhat wierd, I agree. Did you configure "mpls ip default-route" on both 6509? This allows for label switching of the default route.

It would lso be interesting to get an output from "show mpls ldp discovery", "show mpls forward" and "show ip cef 0.0.0.0 detail" in both cases default through ospf or through static (in case there are any differences).

Regards, Martin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content