Level 1

Hi all,

Customer requirement

1- Location near to PE1 should use PE1 to access internet

2- Location near to PE2 (i.e CE3) use PE2 to access internet

3- CE1,CE2 and CE3 should communicate to each other

4- Incase PE2-CE2 link goes down CE3 should access internet from PE1

What we offered

1- We have created two vrf one is for PE1 (MESH-1) and One is for PE1 (MESH-2) (First Two requirement fulfilled)

2- Done intervrf communication between PE1 and PE2 (3rd requirement meet)

3- Now customer is announcing default from CE1 with AS path contain one AS

default from CE2 with AS path contain three AS (It is not path prepend)

In above situation default from PE1 became best and CE2 uses PE1 to access internet which customer do not want

We have tried to insert default route from PE1 by decreasing local preference to 50 towards PE2

with extcommunity RT but in this scenario CE4 starts accessing internet via PE2

Is here any wayout for this ?

Let me know if any more iput is required

Thanks in advance

Mahesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

To be sure PE2 always prefer the default route received from CE2, you should increase the weight. As this attribute will never be transmitted it will not influence PE1 route selection and it will choose the one with the shortest AS PATH.

If CE3 and CE4 are directly connected to PE2 and PE1 then you should be fine. If not, I would configure PE1 and PE2 to export those default routes with different community. Remote PEs will set different LP based on the community during the import process.

HTH

Laurent.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mahesh-gohil
Level 1
Level 1

Diagram attached

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

To be sure PE2 always prefer the default route received from CE2, you should increase the weight. As this attribute will never be transmitted it will not influence PE1 route selection and it will choose the one with the shortest AS PATH.

If CE3 and CE4 are directly connected to PE2 and PE1 then you should be fine. If not, I would configure PE1 and PE2 to export those default routes with different community. Remote PEs will set different LP based on the community during the import process.

HTH

Laurent.

Thanks Laurent

Problem resolved

Regards

Mahesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: