cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS-VPN Problem

mesuti
Level 1
Level 1

Let me tell you about our network. All of our clients are connected to our WMTS(Wireless Modem Terminal System) via their cable modems. WMTS terminates them, and forwards them to the switch

via one fastEthernet interface. Our PE-to-all-CE's is connected to this switch with just one interface. So it is practically impossible for us to implement MPLS-VPN's in the traditional way. VRF-lite is an option to us, but it is costly since we have to replace all of our CE routers with MP-BGP supported routers. Another option is to implement MPLS-VPN with GRE tunnels, that is to create one tunnel per VRF in each PE router. But we have some CE devices that do not have GRE tunneling capabilities. We have thought of another option - subinterfaces. But this also doesn't seem to be an optimal solution for us,

since as I said before all of our clients come through one switch port, and it we can't create a scheme where every client belongs to a different VLAN, as it is required when you configure subinterfaces on fastEthernet.

Is there any way to implement MPLS-VPN in our network with loopback interfaces? Also, we would like to ask you if you have any suggestions or solutions for the network structure that we have?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

waris
Level 1
Level 1

I need some details as it is little vague from your above description what you want to achieve.

Can you send me your topology ? Just a basic block diagram.

What you want to acheive ?

What devices you have ?

What is the motivation for going to MPLS/VPN ?

-Waris