Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS VPN QOS

angel.tagra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I implement end to end QoS up to the CE to PE connection wherein I used (CBWFQ) LLQ Priority. Given the scenario I classify the traffic on the ingress of the Ethernet Port mark it with 0,2 and 4 precedence. Then based on this precedence 0-default, 2 - 64K bandwidth and 4 - 64K priority. The WAN link is 128K (FR).When I pump in 128K of precedence 2 traffic I see it easily occupy tht 128K Link. Afterwhich I pump 64K precedence 4 traffic I see from NetIQ graph it cant reach 64K traffic it only reach around 35K and when I issue the command show policy-map interface out I see packets being dropped for the strict priority traffic and no drops on the precedence 2 traffic. Based from cisco write-ups strict priority should be given high priority during congestion least possibility to be dropper as compared to the rest of the traffic. Have anybody has same kind of experience? Please help clarify.

Thank you

Angel

2 Replies 2

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

What you say is true. Strict priority should not be dropped, but it is also policed to the value you have specified for the priority traffic. If the strict priority traffic exceeds this value, the excess traffic will be dropped. You can probably check whether the right traffic gets marked with the correct precedence value

For the sake of simplicity I have only 2 PC's attached and I based the traffic marking on the source ip address one marked as prec-2 subsequently other is marked as prec- 4. I believe that most likely the marking on the CPE ingress port is correct.But when I used "bandwidth" for prec- 4 instead of priority the desired result was obtained. The prec-2 traffic I let it go via default-class.

Thank you

Angel