Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS VPN

KaliRathinam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In MPLS network we already configured L3 VPN for customer over E1 link, now we need to allocate 1mbps for vpn and another 1 mbps for internet. How can I configure on my PE router interface? It is possible or not? Do I need to configure anything in CE router?

3 Replies 3

mounir.mohamed
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

The optimum solution is, use separated L2 PVC between CE-PE one for MPLS-VPN traffic and the second one for Internet traffic, and from the customer side (CE) point the default route on the internet PVC in this case the traffic can be limited on L2 (per-PVC) or by Rate-limit from CE or PE side.

The second solution, leave the customer with the current up/running design and only apply rate-limit attached with ACL (Matching VPN address) specifying the total traffic for VPN-1M for internet, and this can be done also via CBWFQ from CE or PE biDirection to control upload and download.

Best Regards,

Mounir Mohamed

hi mounir,

i think we need to know about the path between PE and CE routers, routers interfaces and how the E1 connected.

W.Amer

Hi, Waleed.

Even channelized or not one of the above solutions applicable, Rate-limit for unchannelized T1/E1 module/port adaptor, or seperate PVC's for channelized interface :)

Best Regars,

Mounir Mohamed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: