Replies

MTU Issues

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

Topology:

A--DS/PE---CORE/P---ISP/PE--P---ISP/PE--B

AS per above topology,am not able to transfer files with MTU frame size above 1492 though the MTU configured on interface is 1500.The link between DS/PE---CR/PE is mpls enabled i have configured the MTU size to 1524 to carry extra labels of MPLS as recommended by cisco.

When i do extnded ping from DS/PE above MTU size of 1492 with even DF bit not set am not able to ping customer end (B),

AND also i tried with DF bit set am not able to recieve any notifications ICMP destination unreacheable messages.

The file transfer from customer B with packet size above 1492 are received by customer A but when the connection are initiated through customer A they are not.

Within an enterprise it works with larger MTU size when tried to ping from DS loopback to core loopback.How can i troubleshoot it is a problem through my end or from the ISP.

response will be appreciated

2 Replies 2

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Altaf,

Is this l2vpn or l3vpn in the core. What are the devices used for PE and P routers?

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Thanks hritter,

The issue is solved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: