Views
Helpful
Replies

Need the BEST hardware.......

cisco_raj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends...

I need the best suited hardware which I can use as SYSTEM UNDER TEST (SUT) or DEVICE UNDER TEST (DUT) in my LAB to carry out the following testing:

IPv6, OSPF v2 & 3, BGP, MPLS (vpls,martini support), QoS.

Apart from this, I also need it to have the following modules :

at least 2 OC-3 Ports

at least 2 OC12 Ports

at least 2 Gig. Eth int.

Please note that it should be a single router (can be modular)...

I can't afford 76xx series please...

Thnx...

RAJ

4 Replies 4

attrgautam
Level 5
Level 5

VPLS is supported only on 7600 so VPLS is out (not sure abt juniper though).I think rest of it should be there on a GSR or maybe a NPE-G1 (not sure about OC12 though)

HTH

Hi Gautam,

I am specific about CISCO only...How about the Integrated Service routers (ISRs)???Any idea which series of ISRs can act as an Edge Device????

Thanx

RAJ

The ISR s i know are 1800 , 2800 and 3800 . None of them will support any of the interfaces you want though the 3800 will support NM-GE but surely VPLS is out but for pure MPLS-VPN the 3825 will give good performance.

To my knowledge, only 7600 platform will supports all your requirements.

3825/3845 doesn't support OC3, OC12 and VPLS. The closest platform that support all your requirements in one box, except VPLS is 7304 with IOS 12.2.25S or 12,2.27SBC (Service Provider) image. The above specification supports IPv6, OSPFv3, MPLS (martini), at least 2OC3, 2OC12 AND 2GE interface but not VPLS.

Edwin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: