Views
Helpful
Replies

not able to ping across xconnect

anuragv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have created a xconnect between two routers and have passed a vlan between these two. My problem is that i m able to learn mac address of the machine at the other end of the access port, have the IP conflict( if given the same IPs) but am not able to ping the devices. Kindly suggest as i m out of all the ideas i have.

the circuit is

switch access port---swtch trunk port-----router---xconnect------router----switch----switch access port--machine

pseudowire-class class1

encapsulation l2tpv3

ip local interface Loopback0

encapsulation l2tpv3. also the xconnect has been done on the subinterface of routers

any help is appreciated

regards

Aasheesh Gupta

7 Replies 7

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

according to your description ARP is working accross the xconnect. So basically you have a OSI Layer3 problem. Can you verify that the ping works, if you connect both machines into one VLAN on one LAN switch? This should help to rule out connectivity issues not related to xconnect.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

hello martin

thanks for the prompt response. This is exactly what i m testing. We have connected 2 PCs across the ends and are not able to ping the IPs.

If i do it same for one vlan on one switch then it works

regards

Aasheesh Gupta

hi,

Pls find the debug output for your refrence.

Regards

Girish Arora

Hello,

can you please post the relevant portion of your router configs? The debug output is not that conclusive for me.

Regards, Martin

Hi, did you find the solution to this. I'm experience the same issue with two 2811 and 12.4(18).

Thanks in advance.

Max

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

First of all l2tpv3 has nothing to do with the vlan because forwarding always based on ip.

As per the concern raised, there might be problem with the vlans which are locally assigned.

From the logs it seems that the authentication is being used on xconnect circuits but it is not given in the confitguartion.

Would appreciate if you post all the configs.

regards

shivlu jain

Hi

There might be a problem with spanningtree if link forwards BPDU and vlan are different in both ends.

Try to enable 'spanning-tree bpdufilter' on the switchports connected to router

Or check if switchports are in err-disabled state due to this problem

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: