Views
Helpful
Replies

Opteman configuration

brandoncheah
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We have just installed an opte-man connection to replicate our sql data to our co-location.

AT&T has installed a 3550 switch with a optical lc interface (Settings are full duplex, autonegotiate). We then connect one of the switchports to our foundry switch (full duplex, autonegotitate) in vlan 200 with a 10.200.x.x ip address.

Our colocation has a 3750 switch with a LC connector as well, it is also in vlan 200. The speed on the 3750 is set to nonegotiate (only choice available).

My problem is we are only experiencing about 30mb/s transfer rate. Now i know the only way to truly test a 100mb/s transfer rate is with test equipment constantly transferring a 100mb/s stream of data.

Any ideas on any tweaks i should be doing to bump up my speed.

I have spoken with AT&T and they swear that their configurations all match with ours.

TIA.

2 Replies 2

bjornarsb
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We had the same problem in our MAN network.

In our case it turned out to be two problems.

The servers had enabeled jumboframes and one swithces on the path had no support for jumbo-frames. Second one trunk interface had lots of input-errors. Check this with your provider and your server setup.

HTH

Regards,

Bjornarsb

Bjornarsb,

Thanks for your reply...what it turned out to be was our provider had to do some shaping on their end and once they fixed the shaping, we got utilization of our full pipe. They did see a lot of errors before the new configuration took place.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: