cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF CE to PE default route

bmlakar
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to propagate default route from CE router with cmd "default-information originate always" across mpls cloud to the other side CE in same mpls vpn instance?

I know this can be done via static route/redistribute under bgp af/default-information originate under bgp af on PE. Is this the only way?

thanks,

Branko

3 Replies 3

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

I guess yes that the only way!!! but you can have GRE tunnel between two different sites and run the OSPF between them so DEFAULT route originated at one end will propagate to all OSPF domain via tunnel interface.

regards

Devang Patel

Hi Patel,

Thanks for your reply and your useful suggestion.

kind regards,

Branko Mlakar

HI Branko, [Pls RATE if HELPS]

The best option is,

Enable the LAST MILE BGP at the HO side, advertise the DEFAULT (0.0.0.0) towards the Provider Edge.

Since, the Service subscribed is MPLS-VPN, the DEFAULT Route is visible in the entire MP-BGP Mesh of Service Provider Cloud.

By this way, the SPOKE Location will be able to access the DEFAULT in order to reach the HO side.

Hope I am Informative.

Pls RATE if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: