Views
Helpful
Replies

Ping Packet Loss across MPLS TE Tunnels

kdm61
Level 1
Level 1

Hello...Please Help,

I have a Single Area OPSF network running across 4 main routers via GigEth Ckts. The OSPF Network is working correctly. I recently implemented MPLS TE creating two Tunnels - One Explicit Path and One Dynamic Path. Two of the Routers also have a T1 Frame Relay Link over which the Explicit path is configured. It is up and woking but I am experiencing 50-60 percent packet loss when pinging between these PE routers. When I force it to the dynamic tunnel it follows the same FR path and experiences the same packet loss. There is no packet loss anywhere else in the network.

This is a Lab environment w/three LAN's Two 7206VXR & Two 3745 routers and Three 3550 Switches - one per LAN

Suggestions?

6 Replies 6

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Is there any chance you could post a diagram of your topology to help us better understand your setup ?

Paresh

Here is the Lab Layout in MS Word Format. If you need more info or a Visio format please let me know.

Thanks, Kevin

Hello,

when you ping from the FR subinterface in one 7206 to the other FR subinterface, are there any drops? Are you sure your problem has to do with MPLS TE at all?

Why does your drawing show 10.1.100.1/30 for both FR interfaces?

Regards, Martin

Thank You for your response. The problem may not be an MPLS TE problem.

But would my "path-option" and "priority" being set the same for the Dynamic and Explicit Tunnels cause one tunnel to come up and the other go down and cease to signal. Right now I have one or the other working when viewed w/the "show mpls traffic-eng tunnels" command. If I take one down the other works.

The IPs are 10.1.101.1 & 2/30 respectively for the FR Link. That was a Typo...I have corrected it.

The FR interfaces are not SubInt's as the Serial Interface holds the IP address. These are strictly Point to Point but I have the "IP OSPF Network Broadcast" command set and OSPF going across them.

I have SubInt's set on the Gi0/3 Interface.

Gi0/3.1 & 3.10 for VLAN's 1 & 10

There are not any drops when pinging from Within the routers "Interface to Interface".

But when I ping the LAN Node to Node or from within the Router "if" I do not specify an "interface source" I receive the drops.

The result is the same from either side of the Network on both of the 7206 Routers.

Thanks, Kevin

Hello,

can you post a "show ip route" of both 7200 and the relevant tunnel configs?

Also do the drops occur when you shut the GE interfaces, i.e. only FR with one tunnel connects the two routers?

Regards, Martin

Hello,

I am sending the info you requested from the two 7206's...I have not tried shutting down the GigE ckt.'s as of yet.

Thanks, Kevin