Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem while enabling MPLS in P/PE Routers

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi all

we are on the verge of converting our network as MPLS ready.but in the process we are facing lot of problems out here.

Let me summarize my first problem here.

I have a P router in Central location which in turn getting connected to remote lcoations routers which is acting as both P/PE.I am running OSPF as my routing protocol in these routers.

in my ospf i have static,connected subnets redistributed in place.

in my remote lcoations we have customers who hve LeasedLine backed up with ISDN.

for their Local Lan traffic/subnet we need to put a static route pointing towards their serial/bri(with metric).idealy at normal conditions its working fine without any problems.

when i enable Labelswitching in my links which is connected to my central P router i m facing some problems when the LeasedLine of the customers goes down and comes back in ISDN.

when i do a trace from centtral P router its getting looped uneccesarily going somewhere else though in ospf it shows its getting the routing updates from the remote p/pe router.

wht may be the possible reason for this ??

regds

prem

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Dear Prem

Can you send me your network diagram IP scheme and the connectivity you want to accomplish.