Views
Helpful
Replies

PW across router

lars
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

I'm currently looking into deploying a MPLS based network in a SP core network. Currently the core is based purely on ATM and the access net is based on part ATM and part Ethernet.

During the migration fase, I need to maintaine the ATM network for for some legacy systems.

What I want to do, is implementing only a few routers at the beginning (7600's). All equiped with ATM STM-1 interfaces for connection to the ATM network. In some cases I'll have a PVC coming in on a ATM interface and need to forward the traffic out an ethernet (giga og FE).

My question is: Is it possible to create a pseudowire across a router with both in- and egress ports on the same router, but with different interfaces or am I limited to use bridge groups?

1 Reply 1

romccallum
Level 4
Level 4

there is a command called "connect" which is specifically for your problem here. However, the 7600's do not support neither connect nor interworking at present.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: