cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QinQ and EoMPLS

emmawuxp06
Level 1
Level 1

We are using QinQ in customer edge switch and are planning to transmit the traffic over our MPLS core via EoMPLS. We use this command under the subinterface on the 10700 router: xconnect 2.2.2.2 200 enca mpls. Unfortuantely it doesn not work. The output of show mpls l2 vc indicates up status, but I can not ping from one end to another.

I was wondering if xconnect command is used correctly in this situation.

Thank you,

Thank you.

6 Replies 6

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

L2TPv3 provides Xconnect (Layer 2 tunneling with a pseudowire over IP) and Layer 2 VPN (PE-to-PE router service using Xconnect) support for Ethernet, 802.1Q VLAN, Frame Relay, HDLC, and PPP L2 circuits, including both static (UTI-like) and dynamic (using the new L2TPv3 signaling) forwarded sessions.

Although Universal Transport Interface (UTI) features have been implemented on the Cisco 10720 Internet Router, the UTI protocol lacks the signaling capability and standards support necessary for large-scale commercial service. To answer the need for a standard way to provide large-scale VPN connectivity over an IP core network, migration from UTI to L2TPv3 is introduced in Cisco IOS Release 12.0(23)S.

For information about how to configure and use L2TPv3 on the Cisco 10720 Internet router, refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/120newft/120limit/120s/120s25/

l2tp v325.htm

Rahul Kachalia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What release are you running on c10700? And after clearing the counter, send continuous traffic QinQ traffic and then can you provide outputs of following cmds?

-s hard pxf cpu stat int

-s mpls l2 vc det

-ping mpls pseudowire

-ping mpls ipv4 /mask repeat 5 verbose

-s mpls l2 binding

thanks,

rahul.

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

hi

please check is the ios generating the tunnel id or it is showing 0

command is

show l2tp session circuit vcid

if it is showng 0

thn it may be the ios bug.

shivlu

andynwebube
Level 1
Level 1

If you are planning to provide Vlan Stacking over a sub-interface, to preserve the customers VLAN ID, you will have to configure QinQ on the subinterface like so:

interface gigabitethernet3/0.1

encapsulation dot1q 50 second-dot1q 10

xconnect 4.4.4.4 100 encapsulation mpls

where dot1q 50 is your VLAN-ID and dot1q 10 is the customers VLAN-ID

HTH

Andy

Thanks for everyone.

One thing I am note clear is that if I use enca dot1q vlan id under subinterface on the GSR, will the QinQ traffic be carried to the peer PE ? Or I have to use enca dot1q spvlan second-dot1q ce vlan-id to carry QiNQ traffic over MPLS core?

In this case i believe you want to carry all the vlans encapsulated in the SP vlans without specifying each individual CE vlan.

If so is the case, pls use

"encapsulation dot1q spvlan second-dot1q any"

In this was all the traffic would be carried to the remote PE as per you Eompls session.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: