Helpful
Replies

redistributing the routes to MBGP

Haris P
Level 4
Level 4

Dears ,

<br />

<br />I'm planning to take MPLS VPN with two ISP's . The design is as atteched.Is there is any better option avilable for me ? . I have an internet connection on HO and on the same router I'm terminating 3 GRE Tunnels. What's the suggested method of redistributing the GRE routes to MPLS BGP session. Whether I can run BGP from internet router and mpls router ?

I need your suggetions before implementing the same .

<br />

<br />Regards

<br />

<br />

<br />1) hhhh.jpg

<br />

3 Replies 3

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If the number of sites is not going to change I would go with static routes:

- 3x routes on your CE pointing to your PIX . Then your CE redistributes those routes into his BGP session with ISP1 and ISP2.

- 3x static routes on your 3845 pointing to the PIX.

- The PIX only need the same routes as the 3845 (but pointing t the CE)  as I suppose it already has a default route pointing to the 3845.

Of course you could also run an IGP between the CE, the PIX and the 3845 as well but I don't see the advantage of running BGP between the CE and the 3845.

HTH

Laurent.

Dear Laurent,

Thanks for the suggetion .

As in the diagram ,I have the GRE tunnels on my Internet Router and I also wanted to create a backup GRE tunnels to same branches on ISP PE router . In that case whether it will make sense to run BGP between CE and 3845(internet router )

Regards

Haris

Hi Haris,

If you run BGP between the 3845 and your CE, unless you have a tunnel between them, the PIX will need to be aware of the routes as well so you should go with an IGP supported by the PIX.

HTH

Laurent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: