cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

send-label and next-hop-unchanged

skanda
Level 1
Level 1

I have two questions and I have find it every hard find the answers.

1. send-label.

When you send-label  through BGP for PE loop-backs addresses, it should be in sh mpls  forwarding. But it is not, but when do sh mpls forwarding x.x.x.x, it is  showing up the BGP label. Unless things are changed on the SR version  of the IOS software ?

2. next-hop-unchanged.

When this command suppose to work ? When I use the  next-hop-changed between two MP-ebgp neighbors, it is not working. These  two neighbors are not route-reflectors in their local AS's. Is it this command support work on the route-reflector PE routers only ?

regards,

Skanda

1 Reply 1

Nataliya Omelyanyuk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

based on your question layout, I suppose you try to configure MPLS inter-AS VPN Option 3 (Multi-Hop MP-eBGP Between RR and eBGP Between ASBRs).

In that case send-label command is configured on ASBR routers to ensure label distribution between AS and create a end-to-end LSP between ingress local PE and egress remote PE.

Next-hop-unchanged for this scenario needed on RR to optimize the path and to avoid a new label imposition as with new next-hop imposed on RR LSP will be broken.

Please find below link described configuration in more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/ios-xml/ios/mp_ias_and_csc/configuration/15-2s/mp-vpn-connect-ipv4.html#GUID-C72BEAB8-2EE0-4CC6-88D4-07D3056A0963

BR,

Nataliya.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: