Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Sham link metrics - please help!

Hello,

I am a customer who has just had a sham link set up, so that OSPF area 0 runs on both sides of the MPLS.

However, I am now getting really high metrics in the routing tables on the CEs. I need to be able to modify the vlaues so that I can load balance with another MPLS. Previously we had tunnels running between our own routers and used the ip ospf cost command on the tunnel interfaces, but this doesn't make a difference if I try it on the CEs.

Please can someone help me? Is it something that my service provider could do - i.e. set it so that the advertised metric of routes coming through either end is say 10?

Any help most definitely appreciated.

Thanks,

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: Sham link metrics - please help!

Leanne

Your provider can definitely help you with the metrics by setting a metric on the Sham-link itself. But iam suprised why you are unable to change the cost on the local CE interfaces ? Are you sure that it is not being reflected across the OSPF cloud ?

3 REPLIES
Silver

Leanne

Your provider can definitely help you with the metrics by setting a metric on the Sham-link itself. But iam suprised why you are unable to change the cost on the local CE interfaces ? Are you sure that it is not being reflected across the OSPF cloud ?

Hi Gautam,

Actually yes it is working on the CEs now, I was entering the command on the serial rather than ethernet interface. I think I will just play around with the cost values until the metrics from the two MPLSs are equal.

Thanks,

Leanne

Hi,

Yes , its possible and your SP can do it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a0080087ce2.html#wp1025241

Is that you have two connections with two providers ???

regards

vanesh k

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content