I need help, I'm designing an MPLS network to be on our existing network. The network is currently connecting three POPs over satellite links. We have static routes on the whole network. The 3 POPs are connected using 3845 routers.We have
some unused 7500 routers for the MPLS deployment. My questions are:
1. Is it compulsory to use IGP btw these core routers or can I retain my Static routes.
2. I intend to use the 7500 for PE routers, can 3845 still be retain as my P-router? or I need to change them to 7600 series.
3. Any necessary links that will assist me in the design will be highly appreciated
1. It is not compulsory to do IGP though IGP is the best bet if the number of routes/links increases. just ensure that the prefixes you route in the static routes are the same in both routers else labels will not be exchanged for the same.
2. Again 3845 can be a P router no issues. But if the bandwidth levels are going to increase you may need to go for an upgrade in the hardware. But 3845 can do MPLS no doubt
Introduction: The "external-out enable" command is available for
configuration under the "router ospf process" in case of the IOS-XR
operating system. This command basically enables advertisement of
intra-area routes on the device as external routes in th...
IntroductionIn this article we'll discuss how to troubleshoot packet
loss in the asr9000 and specifically understanding the NP drop counters,
what they mean and what you can do to mitigate them. This document will
be an ongoing effort to improve troublesh...