Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unidirectional VCCV

Dear all,

I have the following simple scenario:

PE1 [7609S (IOS 15.2(4)S1)] – P [7609S (IOS 15.2(4)S1)] – PE2 [ME3600X (IOS 15.3(1)S)]

I configured an RSVP-TE LSP between PE1 and PE2 and a pseudowire on top of it. The pseudowire comes up and traffic between both ACs seems to properly work, even though I have some pending tests to run, yet. The strange thing is that when I run VCCV with “ping mpls pseudowire” (it happens both with ipv4 and router-alert options), ping works from PE1 to PE2, but always fails from PE2 to PE1. May you suggest a reason for this behavior or what you would try to do? I already tried to unconfigure and reconfigure and to change the servicice to a point to point VPLS, but nothing changed.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Octavio

2 Replies 2

Adam Vitkovsky
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Octavio,

Just shooting in the dark, is the te-tunnel configured from PE2 to PE1 as well please?

Are you using “preferred-path interface” in the pw-class to direct the PW over the te-tunnel on both ends please?

adam

adam

Thank you very much, Adam, and sorry for my late response.

Finally we found that it was a bug: CSCth41901. It only affects VCCV. As soon as I mentioned the problem to my local Cisco contact he told me to take a look at it. I suppose it's not the first time that he found this problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Octavio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: