Helpful
Replies

VPLS (ATM-Ethernet) using only one circuit in the main ethernet site

p.diaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everybody

We are needing to connect the following topology in our MPLS net:

The main site connects to the net through an Ethernet circuit and the remote sites are connected through ATM circuits. we need to use only one vlan in the main site. It is possible to connect this topoligy using only one vlan in the main site through VLPS? or pseudowires? which other solution can we use to solve this problem?

thanks a lot.

2 Replies 2

william.caban
Level 5
Level 5

I understand your best option will be to run AToM/L2VPN internetworking and have a PVC from a remote locate to be "internetworked" to a sub-interfaces (representing a vlan) at the central site which have an Ethernet connection.

Take a look at this example:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/wan/configuration/guide/wan_l2vpn_iwkg_ps6922_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1055162

HTH,

-W

Hi Willian. Thank you very much

I Understan your idea. I Have another doubt. It is possible to use only one vlan in the main site facing to all the remote ATM circuits? We can not use Level 3 vpns. Is this possible?

Best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: