Views
Helpful
Replies

VPLS multihoming

Sherif Ismail
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I would like to know If VPLS multihoming redundancy feature is avilable at Cisco or not ?

have a CE connected to two different PEs for redundancy. PEs are configured in a VPLS mode. At steady state only primary PE should carry traffic ... xSTP should not be configured due to its slow convergence compared with VPLS

This feature "VPLS Multihoming with BGP Signaling" is availabe at Juniper and I want to implement at Cisco http://www.netscreen.at/techpubs/en_US/junos10.4/topics/task/configuration/vpls-multihoming-bgp-signaling-solutions.html

Appreicate your assistance

Many Thanks

BR

Sherif Ismail

9 Replies 9

Thanks Yasir for your reply

Problem that this solution requires LACP to be configured on CE. Is there another method to acheive same result without configuring any extra settings on CE ?

I am asking this cause sometimes we connect devices (mobile devices) that do not support LACP to PE devices directly

Many Thanks

Regards

Sherif Ismail

VPLS Multihoming with BGP Signaling is not implemented in IOS yet, neither XR.

May be @LUC can tell if its in Roadmap or not.

Thanks Yasir

Sorry but what is LUC and what is the link for the roadmap ?

Many Thanks

Regards

Sherif Ismail

Hi,

As per official update its not in Roadmap as well.

So you will have to choose the alternative or contact your Account Manager from Cisco to raise your case.

Yasir

Appreciate your assistance Yasir

You are Welcome

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, Is it not possible to use STP with VPLS instance on PE and downstream switch to acheive multihoming?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: