Views
Helpful
Replies

VPLS over Carrier Supporting Carrier MPLS VPN

narainarun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I would like to get a clarification from all whether the following topology and my thinking are correct. Currently I am not able to do reproduce in my lab due to lack of hardware so seeking advice here.

I am providing Carrier Supporting Carrier MPLS VPN service to one of our customers. He is already running L3 MPLS VPN services over our network. Now he has a requirement of running VPLS connectivity over the existing CSC MPLS VPN. I am sure that this service will also work over CSC VPN as it is transparent to any MPLS services over it. Only thing to make sure is the end to end network should have support for MTU sizes. Apart from that as a CSC provider I do not have any limitations. Only limitation is for the customer implementing VPLS i.e. PE hardwares should support VPLS services.

Are there any other limiation on carrying VPLS service as CSC Provider or any points taken into account? Any CSC VPN providers have this kind of customer i.e. VPLS?

thanks in advance

Arun

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Arun,

MTU has to be great enough to accomodate the additional label in Carrier Supporting Carrier scenario.

Another point of attention with modern VPLS is that if the customer attempts to use point to multipoint LSPs this could be a problem

Until the VPLS uses a collection of point to point LSPs to interconnect the L2 PE nodes it should be fine.

-Antonio:

are you referring to the different options of inter AS scenarios?

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

antasson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Arun,

do you run CSC option A,B,C or D?

I'm afraid option A is not suitable for what you want to do.

Reagrds,

Antonio

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Arun,

MTU has to be great enough to accomodate the additional label in Carrier Supporting Carrier scenario.

Another point of attention with modern VPLS is that if the customer attempts to use point to multipoint LSPs this could be a problem

Until the VPLS uses a collection of point to point LSPs to interconnect the L2 PE nodes it should be fine.

-Antonio:

are you referring to the different options of inter AS scenarios?

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi giuseppe,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. I didnt think about point to multipoint LSP and let me test that for my understanding.

I am also confused regarding the different options regarding Antonio's comments.

thanks

Arun