Views
Helpful
Replies

VPLS support on ASR 9000

TajHooper
Level 1
Level 1

with all respect and salute,

i am new to ASR9K routers, but i am following up the light shed by Mr. xander over it.

we are going to deploy ASR9K at both MPLS core and edge and we must deploy VPLS among them as PE routers.

1- what kinds of line cards we must select toward P and CE at the edge?

2- do we have the same limitation as 7600 in which we must select ES+?

3- can we use low queue ethernet line cards toward P and CE?

4- i have the same above 3 questions for ASR 1000.

best regards,,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mohisaxe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

VPLS is supported on both low queue and high depth queue cards. Difference being Low queue will have some limitations on QOS. You need to select the card based on your RP, the 2 main categories being Trident and Typhoon. Trident being the old one and Typhoon being the new one supported with RSP440. So if running with 440, please select Typhoon cards.

Best Wishes,

Mohit

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mohisaxe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

VPLS is supported on both low queue and high depth queue cards. Difference being Low queue will have some limitations on QOS. You need to select the card based on your RP, the 2 main categories being Trident and Typhoon. Trident being the old one and Typhoon being the new one supported with RSP440. So if running with 440, please select Typhoon cards.

Best Wishes,

Mohit

hello dear mohisaxe,

thanks for your support and so sorry for the late response! :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: