Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

vpls support

Right now vpls (lasserre-vkompella-draft) is supported on osm modules on 6500/7600 only. I have following questions:

1. is any other non-osm modules going to be supported?

2. are any other platforms like gsr, 7500, 7200 going to supported? I heard metro 3750 will be supported? what's the time frame?

3. is other vpls draft like kompella-draft using bgp as auto-discovery going to supported?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: vpls support

> 1. is any other non-osm modules going to be supported?

This URL gives you information on what user/core facing hardware is supported with VPLS:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps368/products_module_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801e5c06.html#wp1231170

> 2. are any other platforms like gsr, 7500, 7200 going to supported? I heard metro 3750 will be supported? what's the time frame?

Unfortunately, product roadmaps can't be discussed in public forums. I'd suggest you contact your Cisco sales representative for such information.

> 3. is other vpls draft like kompella-draft using bgp as auto-discovery going to supported?

The industry has widely accepted LDP as the signaling protocol for pseudo-wires. The lasserre-vkompella draft, that Cisco co-authors, includes support for BGP as an auto-discovery protocol. As with your previous question, I'd suggest you contact your Cisco sales representative for product roadmap details.

Hope this helps.

SA

--

Re: vpls support

Is the FlexWAN not supported? It is listed as supported for MPLS earlier on the page linked above but is not in this list.

Thanks,

Greg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content