Replies

VPN problem with PE-CE RIPv2

ganpatspatil
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I have setup like.

CE4-PE7-P-PE4-CE2..

I am able to see all routes from CE4 into the routing table of CE2 and vice-varsa .but i m not able to ping from CE4 to CE2 and Vice-varsa.

i m useing PE-CE as RIPv2.

what will be the problem

5 Replies 5

dknov
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The fact that you see prefixes in relevant VRF routing table means that you MP-BGP advertises them between the two PEs.

My guess is that you have an issue between your PEs and your PE. Try looking at "show mpls forwarding" outputs and look for label switching information regarding you PE routers' loopback IPs.

Verify that you have ldp/tdp enabled on all your PE-to-P and P-to-PE interfaces and that "show mpls ldp discovery" shows that you transmiting/receiving prefixes.

David

romccallum
Level 4
Level 4

have you got redisribute connected on your PEs under the vrf process??

olumidek
Level 1
Level 1

try adding "redistribute connected" in the address-family vpnv4 config.

and if you have any L2 devices within the setup, increase the MTU setting to at least 1508 to account for the 2 VPN labels.

Just to elucidate for clarity's sake... the ping you issue is using a source IP address of the interface that connects the CE to the PE. So you need to be sure that the remote CE has a route to this link.

Or, test it by specificying the ping source address as a loopback or other connected interface on the CE that the remote CE knows about.

peter

To test your MPSL transport, put a debug on the remote CE for ICMP, and see if the ping is getting there, where it comes from, and if it knows the route for the return.

peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: