Views
Helpful
Replies

vrf aware mGRE traffic fails if mpls ip is enabled globally

ROBERT THOMPSON
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a strange one. When I have mpls enabled globally on a PE device which has a mGRE tunnel configured with a vrf (not to run mpls), packets from one end of the the tunnel to the other do not work. As soon as I disable mpls globally(no mpls ip), the packets traverse the tunnel. Also, if I shut and no shut one of the port channel interfaces running mpls, traffic traverses for a short while then fails to traverse.

All of this is on 6500's with SUP-7203B's. Its not just on one 6500. It does it on all of them. My P and PE's have mpls running on port-channel interfaces (20GB port-channel), using the WS-X6704 with DFC3B's installed. I am also running 12.2(18)SXF6 enterprise services.

Example of config is attached minus the ospf vrf process and global ospf process details.

Even if I remove the vrf on all tunnels, it still fails. I even converted to point to point tunnels and it still fails.

Anyone have any ideas...I'll be glad to hear from you

Rob

1 Reply 1

ROBERT THOMPSON
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

If any of you are interested in this, the fix was to enable mls mpls tunnel recirculation.

This is not documented in the 12.2sx configuration and command references (which we are using). You need to use 12.2SR command reference to find this (which we are not using).

Regards

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: