cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VRF on Tunnel Interface

kevin.hu
Level 3
Level 3

On my previous post, Mohammad answered my question to use tunnel interface on one physical interface to transport multiple VRFs. Then I found this link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk436/tk428/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801e1294.shtml

And this is what I am going to implement. In this example, it uses VRF BLUE and VRF GREEN on the tunnel interface. It is attached to VRF BLUE physical interface and VRF GREEN. My question is, If I have 10 VRFs, what do I do?

Another option, can I just create 10 sub-interfaces on that T1 interface instead of using tunnel interface?

1 Reply 1

swaroop.potdar
Level 7
Level 7

Yes you can do any of the below,

1) Create tunnels and populate them with VRF's using global source and destination.

2) Create tunnels and populate them with VRF's using VRF source and destination ( this is covered in the link posted by you)

3) Create subinterfaces with framerelay encapsulation and populate them with VRF's.

These are the options available, you have to see in your situation what is permissible and then accordingly implement the applicable solution.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: