Views
Helpful
Replies

VRF - Route Map

djimmy1979
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a 7206 and have several channelized DS3 cards we use for T1's. We currently have some of the T1's in a vrf working great. My question is if we can add a routemap to the same interfaces that have the ip vrf forwarding command on it? I've searched cisco.com but I'm not having any luck finding any documentation.

6 Replies 6

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI, [Pls RATE if HELPS]

To associate a VRF with an interface or subinterface,

"ip vrf forwarding " can be matched only to the direct Interface (Serial / Gigi / Fast Eth / Tunnel / Other Types).

Usage Guidelines

Use this command to associate an interface with a VRF. Executing this command on an interface removes the IP address. The IP address should be reconfigured.

Hope I am Informative.

Pls RATE if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

mheusing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What exactly do you try to achieve with the route-map? Do you mean Policy Based Routing (PBR)? This should work, even VRF selection using PBR is possible.

Regards, Martin

Hello Martin,

Yes I am trying to route traffic based on an ACL. I trying to have it route the intersting traffic out of the VRF and into the global routing table. I guess tonight I will try and apply the route map on the serial int that has the ip vrf forwarding command on it and see what happens.

Thanks

Hi,

Please read the document "Multi-VRF Selection Using Policy Based Routing (PBR)"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/mpls/configuration/guide/mp_mltvrf_slct_pbr.html

It contains, what you need:

set global

- Routes packets through the global routing table. This command is useful when you want to route ingress packets belonging to a specific VRF through the global routing table.

set ip global next-hop

- Indicates where to output packets that pass a match criterion of a route map for policy routing and for which the Cisco IOS software uses the global routing table.

set ip default global next-hop

- Provides VRF to global routing

One of the three should do the trick. There are also configuration examples available for your case.

Hope this helps! Please use the rating system.

Regards, Martin

Thanks for all the help guys. Martin I think thats exactly what I needed!

Hello guys,

Regarding the above,please i need to know if it is possible to redirect MPLS traffic based on extended access list. We need to created a PBR that redirects certain internet traffic on the MPLS to a different next hop / gateway which will be different from the default route on the MPLS.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: