Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRF routing to secondary IP addresses

I have a unique setup where clients are utilizing a multipoint radio uplink for connectivity. Their addresses are basically secondary addressing on the GigE on the 6524 switch I'm using.

Since the GigE port sees all of the traffic as if it is part of the same Layer2 connection, is there a way to separate the IP addressing on that GigE into individual subinterfaces without using VLAN ID's? I ultimately want to be able to allow each client site connected on the multipoint link to be able to participate in a VRF for that individual client's network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: VRF routing to secondary IP addresses

Hi!

It is not possible to create subinterfaces with ip addrewsses without using vlans. Vlans are the only things from dataplane perspective which de-multiplex the data to different subinterfaces.

Regards,

Niranjan

2 REPLIES
Silver

Hi!

It is not possible to create subinterfaces with ip addrewsses without using vlans. Vlans are the only things from dataplane perspective which de-multiplex the data to different subinterfaces.

Regards,

Niranjan

Have you considered creating tunnels between you and the three remote locations? You could associate the tunnel with the corresponding VRF.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content